Hotpoint WF541 1400 Spin "Flashing Lights" (callin

Sponsored Links
Back left hand side where the water goes in there are 2 valves one is open circuit. Test with a continuity tester one will bleep one wont throne that dont needs replacing.

Sponsored Links
Hi rocks, I am having trouble finding a part number for that valves we were talking about. I have tested them both and both are open circuit.
Do you happen to know the part numbers or where I can find them?

Hi Rocks1,
I can see that you are an expert on the Hotpoint AQUARIUS WF541 and you've been a god send to many others. I hope that you could perhaps help me.
I have this washing machine and all the lights on it have been flashing for some time. I have been switching it off from the main socket and switching it back on again and it would start up.
However now it completely won't start.
I've tried to switch it on and the following lights are all flashing together:
wash enhance, reduced creases, rinse hold, mini load, final spin & on/off
Please, please, please... can you help me?

C 17 cap is faulty in the pcb. Loads of posts in here about it. It will cost about £50p from maplins. All you need is a soldering iron.

Thank you very much for your reply rocks1.
Any chances you could explain where I could locate it and how to replace please. I have no idea about these things.

All the details on this above post. Pics included.

Hi Rocks1,
Just wanted to say a big thank you. we bought the C17 Cap and replaced the old one. My mums washing machine is working fine now.
Just got another question for you. I'm moving into my new home & I was wondering if you could recommend me some appliances that are long lasting for the kitchen. I need everything from washing machine, dryer to oven, hob and hood.
Any recommendations?

Depending on cash flow bosch or mile. They are the best

Hi Rocks1,
My mums washing machine has been working fine after we replaced the C17 cap like you'd said. However it no longer works again. This time there aren't any lights switching on at all. Does this mean its completely beyond repair?
I have attached some photos of the motherboard. It looks like the C17 cap is slightly domed and so does the C20. I went to maplin for a replacement but they had no idea what i was talking about. Is there any way you could help again please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back