Hotpoint WF541 washing machine fault lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Remove rear White panel its in the corner.

After switching washing machine on, it seems that only rinse hold (3) is flashing very quickly but sometimes only. Fo2?

it gets water and draining water normally.
I have removed PCB to find cold solder marks. (none found). I ve ordered some resistors and cap (the biggest one 400V). I've read about cap C17and i got one 25V 1000uF is this one be ok?
Looks like motor wont start sometimes only.
Once is going all fine sometimes stops at spinning sometimes at the start when motor has to turn. Removed brushes - put them back after cleaning -still the same.

any clue what it can be? help please

only replace the cap if its head is blown off, what you have is a pcb fault what has gone is anyones guess if you ring emw they might tell you what has gone .

Sponsored Links
I've encountered a problem with my wf541 but it doesn't show any lights when it's turned on.

If I turn the dial to a rinse, the final rinse light will come on. If I turn it to rinse and spin, the rinse and spin light comes on. If I select a program, the Wash light will come on.

None of the lights on the left hand side come on when the powers on and the machine has been switched on.

Cleaned the front filter, nothing in there. The pipe from the filter in the back seems clear. I don't know what else to do :(

When it starts does water go into it,and does it spin on spin only if no check motor brushes

When it starts does water go into it,and does it spin on spin only if no check motor brushes

It does nothing pretty much. It's just completely unresponsive which makes me think that it's a problem with the control board or something.

Check the motor brushes also when you press start/ cancel for a few seconds does any lights come on.

Check the motor brushes also when you press start/ cancel for a few seconds does any lights come on.

Yeah, the cycle lights all flash once and then go off again with just the power light left on. Will check the motor brushes and report back in.

Checked the brushes and they were fine.

Got a bit frustrated and had a look at the board behind the cycle selection buttons, nothing there.

Then I checked the board that was near the bottom of the machine near the motor. Turns out a resistor had blown and there was an almighty scorch mark on one of the relays there.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that was the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help though.

so, with my washing maschine the problem were causing motor brushes. Before I received new ones i tried to stretcht the springs in old ones. I had rear cover open and when motor stops i turned the engine :evil: (be carefull, watch Your fingers or don't do it) and it were starts to work again. after three washing the maschine were start to wash without any problems. so I put the rear cover back on its place and I got new brushes just in case. (on ebay about 10 quid).

Hi, after some guidance with troubleshooting my WF541.

Originally, when turned on, all lights on the washing machine would flash. Thanks to this helpful thread and a few others rocks1 has replied to, I eventually replaced the C17 capacitor, this fixed the flashing lights issue, but we still find the wash cycle doesn't always complete, it will then flash with lights 2 and 4.

I have replaced the pressure sensor now, but it still is erroring at the end of the cycle, usually leaving water in the machine.

I found that doing just a pump out it would also error, there was also a odd noise coming from the filter/pump (which I have checked and cleaned out). Loosening the filter briefly while its making the odd noise seems to sort it, sound like the pump is stuck and doing this releases it to run. It also sounds like the is preasure released doing this.

I'm on the verge of taking the pump out to have a good look at it and potentially clean or replace it, but I don't understand why I am still getting the 2+4 error lights.

Any advice appreciated!

When u take the filter out is there a cage round it or is it a stalk , if it's a stalk filter needs replaceing. Them error light means it's blocked at well. Make sure nothing is in the pump at all

Thanks for the reply rocks.

I think I must have the stalk type, it looks like Part No. C00045027, theres no cage round it.

I've had my finger as far in the plump as I can get it, up the pipe that comes from the drum, and I squeezed the pipe that connects the sump to the pump and could feel anything inside it. I was going to remove that, but looked tricky to remove and put back.

I will get the sump pipe, pump and waste pipe over the weekend and have a good look at them.

Post a pic of ur filter , if it's a stalk one it needs changing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back