hotpoint wf541

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hotpoint wf541 washing machine and it has really started playing up firstly it started to leak from the bottom not a lot but enough to be worrying it now stops in the middle of the wash and refuses to spin the first lights plus the on off light are flashing intermitently and while it is been put onto a cool wash the water has become boiling hot please help

Sponsored Links
f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

f1 and f17 share the same light

Sorry to sound a bit stupid but I am not that technical so how do I know which is which starting with the lights going from the left to right the fatherest right is the on off switch do I need to get a new motherboard what does it all mean

what light out of 5 on the left is flashing ie 1st or 2 and 3 or 4 and 5 etc ignore the on /off one.

Sponsored Links
fo8 heater relay could be 2 things heater open circuit or pcb check heater first .

Thank you if its ok with you I ll ask more questions tomorrow

Hello again thank you for all your help yesterday my question to you is this do you think that a repair man that does not deal in computerised washing machines would be able to fix this problem or could they do it with your guidence?
I will explain why....... I had someone out from hotpoint who charged for the call out fee and without looking properly charge me 68 euros he said the motherboard needed changing 150 euros and the work to replace it would be 297 altogether and wasnt worth doing.
In your opionion how much would the piece cost to replace if it is the heating element of the machine, is there a diagram which could help to figure out where parts sit????

New heater element would cost you around 35 euros online. Get someone to measure the resistance/continuity of the old heater before you rush out to buy a new one. If it reads around 25 - 30 ohms it's good.

the heater is at the back down the bottom remove the rear cover and you can see it . as you are in spain hotpoint have a all in charge over in england of 100 quid. heater is about 20 quid pcb is about 80 quid .they supply the parts and fit all in .have you got a hopoint dealer in spain.

Hello yes we have he was the one that came the other day and charged 68 euros just to come and look without really looking for instance he did not take off the back or look anywhere specific we told him about the flashing lights and he told me we would need to change the motherboard and the cost would be around 297.50 and therefore not worth it, which is why I have gotten in touch here because I would like to know exactly what is going on with the machine the guy did not inspire me with confidence

the guys a cowboy if you told him the fault over the phone he could tell you what the prob was like i did .heater should be tested with a meter if ok just needs a pcb . both parts will cost 100.00 all in uk . hes surpossed to do earth checks and loop tests as well which he has failed to do .seems like he looked at it and took 60 odd euros.

Thanks for getting back I will try and find someone who understands about these machines and get them to fix it just dont want to throw good money after bad but at least I can now find out sooner whether I am being done..... thanks for your help. Is there anything I can do about this guy as he came from the official hotpoint centre in sevill,. and I am very angry that he did absolutely nothing except tell me that I bought a dud machine and should buy a new one

any thing thats goes wrong these days is dud they dont last long nothing does. make a complaint about him and see what happens. if its a shop with 6 poeple in it poss nothing will happen if its a big company they might want to know . good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back