Hotpoint WF860 final spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the final spin I get soapy water drawn from the depths of the machine coming up around the front of the door seal. It is then drawn onto the glass door front and then back onto the washing leaving soapy white stains. An engineer has fitted a new door seal and tilted the machine backwards....it did not fix the problem. This is a new machine, but Hotpoint refuse to tell me if this normal or if I have a fault with my machine. Has anyone experienced a similar problem, or know of anyone with the same machine? I would like to know if all WF860/WF840/WF865's do this so that I can argue my case with Hotpoint.........many thanks for any information.

Sponsored Links
If a machine is leaving soap / suds in the clothes then it is not working correctly and I think this is backed up by the fact that the engineer has attempted to rectify it. Stand you ground and don't let them off the hook.

i disagree with the above comment.
in this case more information is needed.

what is the brand of detergent are you using i.e xyz brand powder

how do you put it in m/c i.e ball, tablet etc

where are you in the country, is this your 1st hp m/c
was your previous m/c like this
how old is this m/c

bathjobby, you can not make a stand when you do not have all the information

when i have had a reply i will tell you about a similar thing (soap left in m/c, after rinse, andd how it was cured)

Yes I can, what was it the engineer was trying to rectify ! Rhetorical !

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for you reply.

I have had a Hoover for many years with no problem. I was lucky enough to have a Hotpoint WF120 on trial for a week with no problem.

Under the recommendation from Hotpoint Customer Services I have tried the following:
1 Different liquids. Aerial/Persil/Surf
2 Tried different loads
3 Tried with/without conditioner
4 Different spin speeds
5 Varying the amount of washing liquid down to a quarter of the recommended amount
I have spent the first month with this machine trying different combinations of the above and it has made no difference. It was only after all this that Hotpoint agreed to send an Engineer.

I live in a hard water area. I use a ball for the liquid.

Today I used the spin cycle on some DRY clothes. I first wiped up all the water from above and below the door seal. During the high spin clear water began to appear from the door seal drain holes. It was only a tiny amount, but must be coming from the depths of the machine. Water had collected under the door seal. When I spin wet clothes there is a lot of soapy water appearing from the same place.

I have noticed that no water is pumped out during the spin cycle. Could it be the water spun from the clothes being sucked back up through the front drain channel?

The Engineer is coming out next Friday and I know he is again going to tell me to expect a certain amount of water to appear as this machine has such a high spin speed (1600rpm)! I would like to be armed with a few facts before he arrives. I really need to hear from someone with the same machine.

Many thanks again for your support

well you appear to have eliminated the soap.

now as promised my note

when i was working for hp, i once got called out for same problem, i asked what detergent was being used, lady gave me a packet of dreft handwashing soap, the trouble is not all soap powders are the same, handwashing soap powder foams a fair bit when used by hand, now imagine what it does in a w/m, soap powder changed no more probs.

back to q.

have you checked the waste outlet? is it in a stand pipe if so is it clear, or is it a spiggot (same question)

also i would suggest you ask the hp engineer (if your connections are clear) to check the pump and filter

I was also once called out for leaking m/c but only on rise, turned out stand pipe was partially blocked, and it couldn't cope woth all the water and overflowed down the pipe, then running under m/c, looking like m/c at fault.

check your pipes and post back next week after hp engineer has been. (assuming pipes are clear)

and thank you for answering all my q's as without unlike some you can not make a valid decision

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back