Hotpoint WM55 door won't unlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I popped the machine on last night and soon after my electrics tripped. I reset them and the washer carried on going. Unfortunately, at the end of the cycle the "door locked" light stayed on and I haven't been able to open the door since. I've tried unplugging it and running it on an extra cycle but this hasn't made any difference. Any help would be really appreciated, it's full of school uniform! Thank you xx

Sponsored Links
you can remove the lid and put your hand inside to the door lock and press the blob of glue on door lock that will release the door but why did it trip the power .you need to check the motor or heater poss thats what blew the trip

Thank you so much. Door open and now seems to be functioning normally.. hooray!
Got a sneeky suspicion that the kettle caused the trip and just waiting for it to be tested. Will arrange to check the motor and heater on the washer too.
Again, many thanks for your help! x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back