Hotpoint wm56p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
Mu hotpoint WM56P has died. It was suffering a slow death and was only revived when the door was errm tapped slightly.
There is no light on, but there is power to the machine. This is the second repair as the onboard pcb timer fuse has been replaced which involved some soldering. The replacement of the fuse worked.
I have checked the fuse I replaced and this is still good. I have also replaced the door interlock, but the machine will still not turn on. also the door will not stay closed, and the drum seal has been replaced properly. Could the on/off switch be faulty and how do I test it?

Sponsored Links
check the spring in the door latch, also check pcb netrual wire from timer blows, this also check on off switch .thats the only things that can cause this .was the door lock replaced in the last six months.

athe door interlock was replaced yesterday. The fuse was replaced a while ago.
I tried to bypqass the door interlockto eliminate it. Unfortunately I joined the live with the nuetral of the door interlock and there was a bank. It blew out the house fuse. I think the bank came from the timer control unit. The glass fuse on the timer control unit pcb was still intact and didn't blow.

Sponsored Links
you have blown the pcb up check for broken tracks soldering iron needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back