hotpoint wma pcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am looking for a bit of advice i have a wma35 machine and i suspect the pcb has blown due to a door lock problem. my question is there is a couple of pcb boards on line one for a wma9 and a wma30 are either of these boards compatible with my wma35?

thanks A.

Sponsored Links
No none of them. You can repair the broken tracks with a soldering iron. Check the motor brushes as well this is what causes it to blow.

Thanks Rock

When you say i can repair the tracks with a soldering iron. what am i looking for on the board. there are a 3 small black bars on the back just up from one of the cable blocks they have a bit of black soot round them is this what you are talking about?

Thanks again A.

Are the tracks burnt/ broken black soot is nothing to worry about. Look for the big block of about 6 wires that come from the motor. From memory it should be in the middle of Pcb loss the wires are white. Can you post pic of rear of the Pcb.

Sponsored Links
Can't see any burn marks on there , anything when you pull the White plug off. It you slam the door does it work , also is there tension on the door spring that's on the handle of the door.

hi the door handle is fine i fixed the spring that was a bit worn also replace the door switch. nothing happens when i slam the door. There is some chairing just above the large block on picture 1. i will clean it up and think i might just solder the 1st black block as it is looking a bit loose when i wiggle it.

thanks for your advice A.

When you replaced the lock was the new lock red or White , did u reverse the wires if it's a white lock.

It was a red one the same as the one i took off the door locks when i select a program it just wont start any of the cycles. The door light keeps flashing.

thanks A.

That's ok it's right. Now check under the White block on Pcb for broken tracks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back