Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

My wife put some car mats in the washing machine and I think it has buggered
the washing machine. The machine will not empty and throw's dirty water out
of the soap / softener dispenser. I am guessing some sort of filter is
blocked????

Anyone any ideas? Where are the filters located?

Sponsored Links
Not an expert but if the filter is not behind the lower front panel you will have to take the back off, it will be next to the pump, it might just be a blank end like a trap to catch bra wires & coins.
Hope this helps.
JonB

JonB said:
Not an expert but if the filter is not behind the lower front panel you will have to take the back off, it will be next to the pump, it might just be a blank end like a trap to catch bra wires & coins.
Hope this helps.
JonB

Thanks for replying. There is nothing behind the lower front panel. I removed the brass cover at the rear which covers the motor. Is the pump around there. What does the pump look like?

It will have a rubber hose from the bottom of the drum on one side & a hose to the outlet pipe on the other side. Check the belt is tight enough while you have the back off.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find the back does not come off on this model.Access is from the front so you will have to remove the front panel.The only other way is to tip the machine back as far as you can making sure it is well supported (make sure you have emptied the drum of water by hand before doing this)you now have access to the large black hose connected to the bottom of the drum. Remove this at the drum end it is usually secured by a plastic clip which you disconnect by twisting up at one end and twisting down at the other.(reattach by squeezing together with mole grips)inside you will find a plastic trap, peel out and clear. This is usually were the drainage blockage is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back