hotpoint wt960 not spinning properly !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help with washing machine gremlins ?, my hotpoint wt960 has stopped spinning properly so stuff still soaking wet ( not good ), i have checked outlet not kinked tried spinning on 800 and 1600 while empty and 800 seems to spin slightly faster still nothing amazing though . I have also tried a 800 spin with a small load evenly spaced and still rubbish grrrrrrr :evil:

Sponsored Links
same thing has just happened to mine? but it's not the brushes as the motor is a 3 phase induction motor (so no brushes). surfing the net I'm no closer to an answer. Had the back and top off and nothing out of place - all connections to the motor and board look sound and clean. It's just not spinning at all. Problem started 2 weeks ago for the other half but after pulling it out on that occasion I managed to get 2 more loads out of it before it's given up the ghost? :oops:

Does the drum turn when put on spin. Any water in the drum. Clean the filter and presure chamber. Check the wiring from motor to pcb is it open circuit.

Sponsored Links
drum does not spin on a any cycle, all water drained off without a problem, I will check out the filter tomorrow evening now as I've pushed the machine back now (and it's a twt to get it and out!). I can see the pcb but wouldn't know how to check it for open circuit - although I do have a multimeter I only use it for continuity really.

after a power cut yesterday left me in the dark :cry: I've checked the filter out and it's clean ...could anyone explain how to check out the circuit board which is a little aukward to get out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back