Hotpoint WT960G

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
we have a Hotpoint WT960G that is leaving small black dots on the washing and there is a little scraping noise from 'inside' the drum. Does anyone have any experience of what this might be?

thanks in advance

Richard

Sponsored Links
yes loads of experience ,is it noisy when it spins apart from scraping .also inside drum is 3 lifters pull one towards you and remove, shine a torch inside hole can u see a bra wire .if its noisy and you have play on inner drum, bearings poss gone hence the black stuff.

Hi Rocks1,
apart from the scraping there is no other noise. Are the lifters the plastic bars? How do these come off?

yes lifters place hand over the top of lifter and slide foward towards the front of the drum then pull up .looks like you got bra wire in the and loads of soap scum

Sponsored Links
OK will have a look later. What's the best method to get rid of the soap scum?

boil washes on 90 with white vingar 3 times .dont use quick washes and only ever use one tablet on a wash or little powder .too much soap makes the clothes come out in white patches and black blobs ,remove the dispenser and see whats on the roof of it.

How far forward do they come? I have tried and it only moves a small amount and i don't want to force it.

trust me, pull it towards you its clipped in you wont break it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back