House of Fraser

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Earlier today, the Times reported that staff from a third party warehouse firm that deals with House of Fraser's online deliveries have been playing cards and eating Chinese food due to a disagreement over delivery payment terms with Mike Ashley's Sports Direct.

No deliveries have been processed at the House of Fraser distribution centre in Wellingborough since Friday.

And sure enough, if you look at the House of Fraser website, it has now been replaced by a maintenance page."

Sponsored Links
There is a rumour that Mike Ashley might merge the house of Fraser brand with Debenhams, presumably to create more Debenhams branches and close the HoF stores in towns where they are both present.

I bet HoF employees are thrilled to now be working for Mr Nasty -surprised they dont now merge with Ryan air

He was said in the trade press to have ambitions to push HoF upmarket into Harrods territory.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/a585f18e-9fbb-11e8-85da-eeb7a9ce36e4.html

He already has an investment in Debenhams, whose share price has plummeted in the last year, and big franchise operations in their major stores.

This might not be the best time for him to try to digest another big takeover, though.

Sponsored Links
Maybe a clever government would increase tax for online business and provide help for high street shops.

Business rates on retail are shockingly high and retail has much higher staffing costs.

I see there is a significant increase in converting retail units to housing. Interestingly Aldi are building new shops with flat above.

I think the problem is that whilst House of Fraser, BHS etc have great affection as part of 'our high street', there are too many people that say, 'oh its a real shame House of Fraser might be closing, although I haven't been inside one for donkeys years'.

I don't know what their business model is really, what do they represent?

John Lewis is a more stylish shopping experience with branding that is a level above -and are mostly retail park rather than town centre.

he treats his employees like dirt, so I imagine anybody who can retire or get a new job will be off.

John I was waiting for you to say that and I agree... He's a business man and when you have the whole of Eastern Europe at your disposal then he's going treat his staff like sh!t as if you don't like it you know where the door is..

He is your typical remainer....

silly bodd.

And it looks as if he supports Brexit.

But John Tell me you can see that if you have so many people to pick from why would you treat people well. Unless your a nice person of course

Sponsored Links
Back