House Re-Render / Colour Coating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was hoping people with more knowledge about this field than myself could provide an opinion on how we should proceed with fixing up the outside of our house.

Currently the house ( 3 bed detached) is rendered on all four sides. the back and 1 side are relatively smooth rendered and patched up over time.The back has been painted and looks quite untidy. The side of the house has been painted but the paint is flaking off. The other side is pebble dashed and we have experienced a bit of leaking around the window which we sealed up. The front is also rough rendered and then painted over.

I have contacted a few companies who came back with vastly different ideas regarding price and also what they would do.

I was hoping someone could tell me if the quote below looks complete and if anything is missing that should be included ? Also has anyone experience with sto lotusan colour coating.

ideally we are trying to achieve a smooth finish to the house,waterproofing whilst allowing the house to breathe

Details of email quote below:
the quote for your house is as follows after loooking at the other walls after the pebbeldash wall i think it would be a good idea to remove the pebbeldash becase it might have been applied over old render we will remove all render and use a three coat render system to all elevations apply angle beads to all window corners and door openings apply primmer and spray two coats of sto lotusan self cleaning paint bitumastic paint to plinths include all exterior wood work replace cast iron down pipes with plastic mask and protectproperty while work is in progress windows doors paving clear all rubbish and leave site in good clean order the cost is seven thousandfive hundred pounds

Any help and advice would be greatly received

Thankyou very much

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a real project. D0 you have photos? There may be some options. Try youtube and search stone effect or wall coating usually come up with a few ideas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back