house renovation and silverfish infestation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

I have recently done a loft conversion (dormer) and overall house renovation. However, there are silverfish everywhere in the house. I have tried sealing up all skirtings with CT1 (which customer service said can be used as it is flexible). I find silverfish all over the house and not able to pinpoint where they are coming from. please tell me how to fix this if anyone has dealt with this before?

Sponsored Links
hi all,

I have recently done a loft conversion (dormer) and overall house renovation. However, there are silverfish everywhere in the house. I have tried sealing up all skirtings with CT1 (which customer service said can be used as it is flexible). I find silverfish all over the house and not able to pinpoint where they are coming from. please tell me how to fix this if anyone has dealt with this before?

I haven't, personally, seen one since my parents got central heating in the 80's.

I believe that they like moist areas.

The house had a damp problem, and that's what needs to be treated not the gaps nor the fish.

i
The house had a damp problem, and that's what needs to be treated not the gaps nor the fish.
i have humidistat in all room and i am barely 40% or above? i also have a dehumidifier running 24/7!

Sponsored Links
Maybe so, but the must be some structural dampness for those fish to be living and feeding.

Also check for condensation under carpets on cold solid floors if there are any of them. If there are timber floors, the sub-floor void and timbers need inspecting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back