How can I control temperature of bathroom.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
How can I cheaply fit a room stat (no wireless or programed) in a bathroom where all is in zone 1.
I dont want to use a rad valve as the radiator is used as a dump for the rest of the system and it can be used on its own.
Any ideas.
Thanks
thyristor44

Sponsored Links
So when the bathroom reaches temp the whole house heating goes off is that what you really want to achieve.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
Sponsored Links
maybe they live in the bathroom :?:
plus the whole of the bathroom isn't zone 1

So when the bathroom reaches temp the whole house heating goes off is that what you really want to achieve.
No the bathroom thermostat just doesnt call on the boiler for heat. The house heating and the hot water can each independently call for heat through valves and timers. The bathroom is the same and has a valve and timer.

How do you intend to heat this rad if it doesn't call on the boiler for heat :rolleyes:

I dont want to use a rad valve as the radiator is used as a dump for the rest of the system and it can be used on its own.
and later
No the bathroom thermostat just doesnt call on the boiler for heat. The house heating and the hot water can each independently call for heat through valves and timers. The bathroom is the same and has a valve and timer.

Interestinger and interestinger, :) A heat dump and behind a valve and timer that lets it work on its own.
Sorry mate but, I think your words are good words its just that they have got jumbled up. :mrgreen:

Yes I do often jumble my words.
No valve on the bathroom rad just a timer
The main heating and the HW are both behind valves. If they are both closed then the bathroom rad can call on the boiler for heat. It has its own timer.
Any call for heat from CH or HW will also heat bathroom rad and it can call for heat on its own. I just need a thermostat to control this in a bathroom.

Seriously mate I suggest you read over what you have put and read the replies, I am not here to mock you as you haven't got a good understanding of how a heating system works.
Have a good read through some threads on here and some FAQ's there is a lot of free advice on here that is worth it's weight in gold and is a very interesting read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back