How Can I Get My Indesit WG1233T To Fill With Cold Water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi-Have a 8yr old Indesit WG1233T which has decided to stop filling with cold water so that it doesn't rinse and doesn't empty the conditioner tray and as such stops when it comes to the rinse cycle I thought that it may be the cold water fill valve but have not taken the back off to test with a meter. The cold supply is definitely feeding the machine, it's just that it has, "forgotten" , to take it onboard during the rinse cycle etc. Any help greatly appreciated. Tried to contact Merloni but ignored and all web links currently appear to be dead. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Breezer,
Thanks for the response. To be honest, I merely assumed that the valve would have to have an electrical source but have no idea whatsoever how to determine if any value across it is the true value or what it should be. Never having been in the brains of any machine, I have no idea if that information would be on the casing of the valve-If that reads right! Any help apprecaited.

99% probability says the coill for the valve has gone open cct.

you could always check the suspect one against the other one (check the resitance of one and then see what the other one reads)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion albeit do understand the cct term-lol-thought of closed circuit from High School days but in all likelihood I will be wrong-lol. Appreciate the advice and will cehck with multimeter

almost right but it could be argued that it depends on how much closed is.

as i said check one against the other, but i still say 99% probability the valve has had ot (O.C.)

Thanks again-will check one against the other and see what I get. Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back