How can I make new "white" pine look like light oa

Sponsored Links
Buy an oak stain, B&Q (yes I know) do Ronseal?? stains, I've no idea what they're like and then depending on the finish, use danish oil or varnish on it. It's probably not going to be very good but it'll probably look better than the bare pine. Buy a small tin of stain first, give a test bit of wood a couple of coats and see what you think.

oak and pine have a completely different grain structure so will never look the same

Sponsored Links
I was talking more of colour than grain. I just want to try and match the tones. I thought that would be fairly obvious.

I'm looking to avoid products that when put on turn the wood orange. Also, seeing as light oak is a popular colour with bedroom furniture, and pine is prevalent, I was wondering if there were tried and tested wax/stains/varnishes to use on pine that would give a near enough colour to the light oak. It's hardly pie in the sky stuff is it?

For some people on this forum helping is not the first thing that comes to mind, instead making some crappy joke appears to be. WestmidsChippy, you need to learn to read and to stop being a keyboard warrior, it is very sad though I hope the 20mins you spent thinking that one up brought some joy to your life. Merry Chrtistmas.

Thanks to Strangelad.

Coloron now do light oak stain in danish oil, gives a nice even finish and applied easily.

I was talking more of colour than grain. I just want to try and match the tones. I thought that would be fairly obvious.

ok sorry i will elaborate
even iff you get it the exact tone it will still look different because off the grain
then after a year or so as they change colour differently further magnified by the different finishes applied

I'm looking to avoid products that when put on turn the wood orange. Also, seeing as light oak is a popular colour with bedroom furniture, and pine is prevalent, I was wondering if there were tried and tested wax/stains/varnishes to use on pine that would give a near enough colour to the light oak. It's hardly pie in the sky stuff is it?

For some people on this forum helping is not the first thing that comes to mind, instead making some crappy joke appears to be. WestmidsChippy, you need to learn to read and to stop being a keyboard warrior, it is very sad though I hope the 20mins you spent thinking that one up brought some joy to your life. Merry Chrtistmas.

Thanks to Strangelad.

If you ask stupid questions then expect stupid remarks.
You canne get pine to look like oak as they are two different trees...i thought that was obvious o_O

Out of curiosity why did you not just buy there oak veneered cupboards?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back