How can I turn off my Yale alarm?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm so frustrated!! I've got a Yale easyfit alarm which connects to my router so I can't arm/disarm the alarm remotely.
Today my broadband went down and the control panel just keeps beeping every 30 seconds or so because there is no network connection.
What makes matters worse is that an engineer can't come until Tuesday so we've got 3 days of this constant beeping!! Is there anyway to turn off the alarm? I've tried unplugging the control panel but there is a back up battery so the beeping persists... I can't even begin to imagine how I'm going to sleep with the beep!
Any ideas?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
29546.jpg

The battery will eventually run flat if you leave it unplugged.

Don't be disturbed by anti-Yale people who dislike DIY alarms.

Used to have Yale one in a rental property, we did not use the remote alarm facility so it can be turned off.
Can't remember how any of it worked now, I used to hate messing with it as you are afraid you will set the darn thing off, but as you are desperate worth a try. I think after pushing a menu button and putting in the code you had access to alter the programming.
Found this if it's any help it might be the same one you have

http://warehouses.costco.co.uk/webdocs/pdf/prodfeat/151566_EF-Kit2.pdf

Sponsored Links
Haha! I like the hammer response... I've solved the mystery! There's a little white tab you can pull off and there's a switch to the built in battery! Crisis over!

The battery will eventually run flat if you leave it unplugged.

Don't be disturbed by anti-Yale people who dislike DIY alarms.
"Real" alarm companies have to attend within 4 hours, NOT 3 days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back