How can this large hole be fixed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So this was where a handyman had previously attached something which I have removed to find a rather large hole..

What would be the best way to fix this? I plan on having the hole bathroom re-tiled, not by me, at some point in the coming months.

However is there a way to fill this up in the interim? Thanks

419841CC-A615-49D6-8EC1-ACE9CB256085.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You can either add filler in stages around the edge, or stuff cardboard in the hole, and the go over with the filler in one go. papers too soft, and the filler will push it in, and then get pushed out again as it expands back.

Cut a length of slate batten 2 inches longer than the hole diameter, insert it into the hole & fix it across the hole with a screw either side of the hole, then cut a piece of plasterboard to the same diameter & screw to the batten with 1 screw in the centre

Sponsored Links
it looks more like a ceramic tile look at chips and grout line just fill it with silicone its only about 20mm looking at that red plug

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back