How difficult is it to install a basic domestic alarm?

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to think about it some more once I've got the current jobs out of the way.

I moved into a new house six months ago with hopeless security. I too concentrated on the "other jobs" mainly the bathroom. Since I was burgled and consequently had my car stolen in aggravated circumstances, I can not tell you how insignificant these "other jobs" seem. Secure what you've got first, then improve it. Concentrate on physical security first, then wack up a dummy bell box, then install an alarm.

I too am an electronics engineer. I installed a Texecom Veritas at my old house which was 100% reliable for almost 10 years that I lived there. You will have no problems, there's just a bit of terminology to learn.

I know it's boring but I have a hard time forgiving myself for my own stupidity. Don't let it happen to you. Audacity is the tool of criminal scum. As soon as you start to rely on probability/likelyhood/odds/opportunism/obfuscation you are handing your property and well being to them on a plate. Law abiding people, including the police and home office, are behind the curve of criminal tactics because they cannot think like criminals. Google is your friend here. Learn the methods that these scum use and put defences and plans in place for them. Whilst criminals are the lowest form of life, do not rely on them being stupid as well.

Sorry for the lecture but prevention really is so much better than cure.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back