How do I calculate material needed for screed floor? inc pic

WTF? :eek:

You need a new builder. Screed should be dry, not mixed like a big casserole

And levelled with a wooden or plastic float on the same day.

If you see a puddle in screed, you should push the guys face in it and ask him what it is doing there

Do you live on Elm Street? You're certainly having a nightmare with this job

Sponsored Links
I told him in the morning before I went to work to use 8 bags of cement to a tonne of sand and that it has to be a dry mix... And he was like... i know i know.... but when I got home its like the photos in my previous post!!

What problems wll I experience in the long run and what should I do now? Shall I get him to do it again?

The pics of how it looks after a day is below (i took them last night).

Any advice? I have the builder coming tomorrow to help put in the insulation, vapour barrier and plasterboard.

Tony

Sponsored Links
It does not look very flat and even. If not it will need some self leveller on it.

It may also be more liable to crack as it dries out, but you wont know until it happens

And what is going on with the DPC level? Was it planned to have the floor leevel above DPC?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back