How do i flush my Rads-Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
I have rephrased my original question so there is no confusion.
I want to add a sludge remover to my rads and then a de-scaler and inhibitor.
The water is manky when i bleed the rads plus i had a new dhw flow switch fitted in my combi (potterton puma 100e) cause the old one was full of scale when taken apart.Which damaged the diaphram.
So basically i just want to clean it out.
I have been told it can be added various ways.Through the rad itself,F&E tank or the filling loop.How do i get to the F&E tank in my combi?
The way i was going to do it was to add it via a rad which has a drain cock.Drain some off and then unscrew a bung and add it that way.
Is that Correct?
Once its in the system for a few weeks it then has to be drained off?.Then the de-scaler added,etc
I just going off what i have read.Have i got the procedurre correct or have i missed something or is there any more suggestions.
I am a novice but dont mind getting my hands dirty.So is it easy to add it via the Rads or the F&E tank in the combi.But i dont know where the F&E tank is thats the problem.
I must apolgise to oilman and taydo for not making my question clearer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back