Moving a Rad & Modding Pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move rad from one side of my room to the other. I've closed the TRV (completely) and the lockshield, disconnected and drained the rad and fitted it to the wall in the new position.

I now need to remove the old F&R branches serving the old position and add some new ones to serve the new position.

The new position can't be reached by modding the old branches so I was planning to disconnect them and make new branches from another point in the system.

The old F&R were 15mm and they were fed from 15mm main. There's another 15mm F&R serving another rad close to the new position so I was going to tee off them.

As it's the same rad and the pipe sizes are all the same and served by the same size mains are there any problems with doing this?

I assume I will need to re-balance to make sure the water gets to all the rads after the mods.

It's an open system with F&E tank and there's no way of isolating the pipes I'll need to tee into/cut back so guess I'll need to drain the system and isolate the F&E supply.

When i come to re-fill the system how do I add the inhibitor? Do I pour it into the F&E tank before/during un-isolating the water supply?

Also, when removing the old F&R is cutting right back to the nearest tees and using push fit stop ends ok?

Sponsored Links
yup you just about have it covered ;)

exept
The old F&R were 15mm and they were fed from 15mm main. There's another 15mm F&R serving another rad close to the new position so I was going to tee off them.

As it's the same rad and the pipe sizes are all the same and served by the same size mains are there any problems with doing this?

take it off the 22 if you can unless its a small rad ;)

shot a bottle of cleanser in the system for a few days before you start draining :idea:

no point in inhibiting black crap ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back