How do i get a concrete floor flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi as some of you may know , i am currently helping my son renovate his Victorian dormer terraced house...Last year we laid a new concrete floor in the sitting room ..(all insulated etc )..A couple of my mates helped, and while i'm very grateful, i'm less than happy with the finish..It has some trowellling lines in , and is a slightly up and down...I would say perhaps by a centimetre here and there..We can probably live with it, as it will be carpeted....Now we are getting ready to relay the kitchen floor, which i think is more critical, due to putting kitchen units on etc..So to my question , what methods do you guys use for getting it level and nice and flat ?..would a power float help us or is it down to the experience of the layer ?...Thanks in anticipation.....Bill

Sponsored Links
A nice big levelling board?

Leveling a concrete floor to acceptable flatness is hard with concrete anyway, and you should be screeding it to get it flat and smooth

Use a self levelling latex screed. Some of the carpet suppliers even supply certain brands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back