How do i get the correct sized replacement Letter Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a UPVC door that was fitted approximately 5 years ago when my house was built, the letterbox now opens and closes itself in the wind which is very annoying and means we have to tape it closed at night.

I was wondering if somebody could advise me on how to check the correct sizing for a replacement (do i have to remove the letterbox) and also is it easy to fit a replacement.

Sponsored Links
there are 5 sizes for upvc doors if i remember correctly,basically to be sure just measure the size of the external flap and thats all you need.
w x h (mm)
320 x 50
300 x 55
300 x 70
265 x 70
255 x 55
there about £20 each approx

there should be 2 screws (screw and nipple) holding it on,easy enough so long as they havnt rusted together

Thank you for your reply. I have measured the external flap on the letterbox and it measures 297 x 65. I have had a look on a number of sites and can't find one that matches those dimensions. Any ideas or do i just get the nearest size?

Sponsored Links
if they give the internal sizes for the part that goes thru the door that would help narrow it down,can you email these sites online for this info? have you tried a local locksmith,most of the decent ones stock upvc hardware and you,d be able to go in with yours as a sample and get advise from them.look for members of the masterlocksmiths association,theres usualy one in each major town with a shop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back