How do I put rad pipes in a wall chase please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to chase rad pipes into a 100mm thick breeze wall as my SO. would like one of the fancy rads, and would like the full 'hotel look' with pipes coming from the wall. :rolleyes:

The pipes have to travel up behind skirting and up about 8" behind plaster.

What's the best way to do that please to avoid any issues in the future? Wall will be skimmed and painted. I assume I need some king of boxing or insulation around the pipes to allow for expansion/heat.

Thanks for your help!

Rgds, Scott.

Sponsored Links
according to the rules, a pipe can be raggled into a wall and plastered in without building any pipe chases prividing you would be able to cap the pipe if there was ever any problems. as far as the type of pipe, im not sure, mabe plastic. im sure i read somwhere that copper reacts with cement/plaster etc ??

hope your charging accordingly.

any comments.

Any pipe needs space to move, and be insulated or it'll crack plaster.
Anything fitting other than a soldered copper joint needs access.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the inpu tGents.

Chris.

Since posting that I found your helpful response on a similar question where you advised gluing some thin lagging around the pipe and try to avoid any joints by using a pipe bender if possible.

I also saw the method using the flexi conduit from screwfix but at £20 a roll and I only need 16" I may just go with your idea!

Could I use some plastic cable trunking that I have instead? Only difference is that it is smooth and ridged - you know the type of stuff you use for trunking in cables around garages etc? Only advantage I see of doing this is that it isolates the pipe completely and allows you to remove (you would still have to chop out/cut the 90 degree bend however) in case of a leak. It means a much bigger chop into the wall though!

Thanks again. Rgds, Scott.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back