how do i remove biro ink from my sofa????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
someone help one of my 3 kids :evil: got ink on my sofa because nobody will own up haha :mad: anyway i need some top remedies :idea: for removing this ink, its a new sofa and i obviously havent got a few grand to just replace it thanks

Sponsored Links
BALLPOINT PEN INK
1. Apply lukewarm glycerine. If fabric is strong enough, TAMP with brush or
spoon. BLOT, pressing hard on stain. Keep stain moist with glycerine.
Continue as long as stain is being removed. FLUSH with water.
2. Apply mild detergent solution with several drops of ammonia. Continue to TAMP. FLUSH with water.
3. If stain remains use chlorine bleach. Apply bleach solution with MEDICINE DROPPER. Do not use chlorine solution on wool, silk or spandex. Do not allow bleach to remain more than two minutes. FLUSH with water after each bleach application. Apply vinegar solution to remove excess chlorine, then FLUSH with water.
These directions have been tested in a Cornell University laboratory. If
followed, the chance of removing the stain is very good. "Old" stains are
more difficult to remove than "fresh" ones, and some staining agents are so strong that they will not react to any efforts to remove them.

i think ive developed an unhealthy obsession with removing the ink from my sofa :rolleyes: However i had a brainwave and moment of courage (hoping it wouldnt fade the leather) :!: i tried stain devils no 1 for ink removal. And yes it works a treat. Thank god i didnt buy some expensive product in a shop or via the net cos this stain devil cost £1.65 from Asda. The big test will come when i wake up tomorrow morning to see if its left an unsightly patch of faded leather hahahaha! (perhaps i shouldnt count my chickens eh tomorrow i could be laughing on the other side of my face :D

I have a cream leather sofa and 12 small grandkids who think it is a great place to draw and I have found a quick squit of hairspray soon shifts ink :p

Sponsored Links
sarah25_2 only asked 5 years ago :rolleyes: probably sorted it by now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back