How do I split Virgin HD box signal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there

I used to have sky where i had a basic y spliter from the signal output of the box so i can get signal in two rooms, Changed to Virgin as sick of SKY poor customer service. so i have the samsung HD virgin box - am i able to spilt the output signal of this box? - looks like only a scart and an HDMI cable output on this box, The cable i have to my second room is basic satalite cable so i am unsure if i am able to send this signal to my second room?

Must be an easy Q for you Audio guys!

Sponsored Links
Before I realised I could change the channel number on my Sky box I bought a ILS102 Universal RF Modulator by Mercury which goes in either SCART or RCA Phone and outputs an RF signal and it does work.

It is however not a very clean signal and can interfere with other terrestrial TV signals.

See here for example.

Of course there is no HD or stereo. These do something similar but never tested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back