How do I stop my shower going cold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I turn the shower on with any great pressure the hot water will not come through. So then I turn the shower on with little pressure and the hot water will come through. Then sometimes when I'm in the shower it suddenly goes cold and i have to start the whole process again.

I've just had a new caleffi pressure limiting valve put in but it hasn't fixed it.

The shower is upstairs but the same thing happens downstairs with the laundry taps. It doesn't happen to the kitchen which is just meters away from laundry. All the taps are mixer taps.

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Firstly try a NZ DIY site. We may not be familiar with whatever kit you have there.
Secondly when you do post please remember to give as much information as possible.
Its a waste of time trying to come to any conclusion with such scant information

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I thought I had given enough information considering I'm not a plumber.

And, by the way it's not easy to find an NZ DIY site as good as this!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back