How do i stop this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!

i keep getting bomabarded by mulitple e-mails from this website. They come through on a dfferent address each time, so even when i block it it still comes up, ususally 20 e-mails at a time. Ive been to the site and can see no way of getting taken off of it. Any ideas?

http://broadcastemailcorp.odo.com.cn/

Sponsored Links
Next time you receive an email from them, make sure you can see all the headers in the message, then forward it to any domain name you can see in the header and write abuse@ in front of it.

I've copied one I recently sent (deleted my details). I mailed it to [email protected], to [email protected], to [email protected] and cc to the sender

Hope this helps

Return-path: <[email protected]>
Received: from KLEIN-B0CMLNE7O.u8iu.net ([212.5.203.143])

with SMTP (MDaemon.PRO.v6.0.5.R)

Received: from unknown (HELO gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com) (66.249.93.114)
by KLEIN-B0CMLNE7O.u8iu.net with SMTP; Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:59:02 -0100

Subject: Refinance your home with us
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:59:02 -0100
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
Thread-Index: etUtTSyN4SVeQtX8FT3gWDaIsgq5qu27CmGz
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-MDRemoteIP: 212.5.203.143
X-Return-Path: [email protected]

I had a similar problem, wood-you-like posted as she has above, i took her advice (thanks wood-you-like) it worked

you can also try this

set a new "rule" that anyhting with {spam} in the header gets moved to the deleted folder (why the sender admits its spam i have no idea)

also after you have blocked sender, go into options and remove what ever you have to so you only leave the after the @ i have notcied that spammers often only change the fron bit of their address.

also look at my post titled spam spam spam

but wood-you-like's advice is best

breezer said:
set a new "rule" that anyhting with {spam} in the header gets moved to the deleted folder (why the sender admits its spam i have no idea)

Don't think they do Breezer, think your server has a spam filter and puts the {spam} indication in front of the message, so you can decide for yourself if it is and want to remove it.
Spam filters don't always work, some enquiries from customers to us got branded as SPAM ;)

Sponsored Links
Not totally relevant but useful info.

An example of AddressGuard .. free with BT Yahoo BB
If you're ever worried about giving out your email address on a web site, AddressGuard is for you. Instead of leaving your address open to spam, you can use a disposable email address, while still accessing all your mail in one place.
You can create up to 500 active, disposable addresses with BT Yahoo! Mail. Use these when you want to give an email address to a site that you suspect might share or sell it. Create several if you shop at different places and want to have a different email address for each store. You can view messages sent to each of your disposable addresses in your Inbox or a folder that you designate.

Each disposable address has two parts: a base name and a keyword
Example ...
Your 'real' BT Yahoo! email address: [email protected]

Your base name: dairyman88 (so spammers cannot figure out your real email address)

Keyword: Widget Designs (based on the store to which you want to give the address)

Your Disposable Email Address: [email protected]

If Widget Designs shares or sells this disposable email address and it begins receiving spam, you can simply shut down [email protected] without affecting your primary BT Yahoo! Mail address or any of your other disposable addresses.

Fire this name broadcastemailcorp.odo.com.cn into the next web site, tick all the boxes and see what you get ... Perhaps an admin name and addy.. Then again it may be Chinese ..
http://centralops.net/co/DomainDossier.aspx

:idea:

Outlook Express Message Rules would not help to much in this case.
Personally I use message rules only for moving to separate folders newsletters, for all other emails I’m using Spambully to filter. It allows me to view all details about emails – like Sender IP address, server names the email has passed through, ISP, country.. all delivery path. Also it allows me to block IPs, domain, countries.. and I can easily complain to ISP, to [email protected]..

Back