How do I wire a Siemens RDD10 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me. I am trying to change my thermostat. The old one has 3 wires plus Earth which is not used. RED- Live, Blue - Neutral, and Yellow (sun sign). The wiring diagram for the new unit is available at the following URL.:
www.eneq.ru/download/?n3031en.pdf
The model is the electricty powered one RDD10. I have tried many variations and none of them power the boiler to kick in.
All comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have now managed to get the thermostat to engage the boiler, but when the timeswitch is off the whole thermostat switches off. The problem with this is that when it is powered back up, it resets the temp and does not store the required temp.

Any ideas????
Do I need some sort of independent power to this unit? My last unit was a manual dial, so i suspect having a feed of electricity was not important all day long.

The thermostat requires a permanent live and permanent neutral with the yellow providing the call for heat. You need to rewire the timeswitch accordingly. Have alook on the honeywell site for S plan or Y plan - depending on what sort of heating u have. It will give u a clue on how to proceed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back