How do seal a garage base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Ive recently had a garage/workshop built.
Ive added a fillet and now im fitting it out I want to seal the concrete base.

I want to seal it to stop the dust etc. whats the best to use, I don't really want to use floor paint,
ive seen PVA adhesive/sealer but reading the info on the tin it doesn't sound like what im looking for.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you can get proprietary sealer for concrete floor to stop dusting.

A common low budget approach is a mix of waterproof pva or sbr diluted with water about 3 water - 1 pva.

I have also used thinned out old polyurethane varnish which worked well.

I thinned it with white spirit. about 2 white spirit to 1 varnish. It goes pretty far.

There are probably lots of other options its just i had a decent sized tin that was a bit old and dirty and i wouldn't have used as a wood finish.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hi-jack this thread ....................... but.
I'm converting an old garage into an office and also need a concrete sealer to be put down before painting.
However, I don't have a dust problem so much as a damp problem.
The previous paint has lifted off in several places and feels damp to the touch.
Could I go down the route suggested to dartagnan or should I just put plenty of garage floor paint down?
Again, sorry for the hi-jack.
If you'd like me to start a new thread, please just say so.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back