How do these guys sleep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening.

Just finished a boiler swop in a bungalow.

Thought it would be straight forward- that was my first mistake- I should have realised the previous plumber might not have been that good when none of the radiator drops had drain offs on them. Joy. Cream carpets too.

Anyway first to test the gas and I find this method of capping off a 15mm gas pipe-

It was the first tee off the meter and the meter had been changed recently- how they missed it is beyond me- it was literally next to the test nipple on the meter. Stevie Wonder would have seen it. I know this used to be acceptable a while back but this didn't look like it had been done that long ago

So next off up in the loft where I needed to connect to the soil pipe to run away the boiler condensate . I find this:

Now the picture isn't that great but what the guy had done was extend the soil pipe by using a short length of Kopex flue liner. Genius.

And last but not least by favorite by far. The customer asked me to change the basin taps and waste, so I set about splitting the basin (which wasn't screwed to the wall, just siliconed) from the pedastal (which was tiled solid into the floor) and guess what I found?

Yep that is right. Half a clothes peg keeping the basin level.

I sometimes lay awake worrying about how I have left jobs, but how people sleep after leaving stuff like this is well beyond me.

Ted

Sponsored Links
i think you will find that you need my permision to take those photographs and......................................................

err it wasn`t me ;)

Sponsored Links
OK kittedup,

You have a basin that will not sit level on the padestal. How would you fix the problem?

As i had to put the basin back i had to level this one.

Well luckily i hadn't eaten all my lunch so i had some bread left over which i stuffed in the gap. Where the gap was a bit larger i used cheese.

Actually with the basin screwed back to the wall, plus a bead of silicone it levelled up ok. Did my usual test of sitting on the front of the basin and i'm happy.

Ted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back