How do you earth a tin bath

Sponsored Links
Tin bath lad ? I say tin bath ? Bah 'eck, we're lucky to have ole biscuit tin in front of t' fire :LOL:

Scoby_Beasley said:
Tin bath lad ? I say tin bath ? Bah 'eck, we're lucky to have ole biscuit tin in front of t' fire :LOL:

lol well lets say its a metal bath and leave it at that but should i ask if you have a copper pipe going to it (hahahah sorry) well all you need to do is take a wire from the bath to that and the pipe should be eathed at the other end but you could check

why do you want to earth it? If it is the kind of zinc plated steel affair with a metal sheet rim around the base which I am imagining then I would drill a hole through the supporting rim to allow a bolt to be used and attach a cable.

But as I said, why do you feel the need to earth it?

Sponsored Links
When installing the bath it stated it needs to be earthed. So it is a case of fixing an earth clip to the pipes via the bath and thats it, the bath will be fully earthed? :oops:

Er yes, clamps on the piping is normally enough.
But in the UK, you don't earth it as such, the cable must not go back to the main earth terminal by the meter directly, rather it must only go to the earth conductors of all circuits that enter the bathroom, to introduce a separate earth brings problems of its own.
see the nic note on bathrooms linked in the reference section

Regs specify that so long as all the pipes are bonded then the bath itself does not need to be. (including metal waste pipe if you have one going out the bathroom)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back