How do you get rid of your wife while DIYing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My one just stands their asking "Whats that and what does this do?" while complaining it's taking to much time. Then if you ask her to help hold anything she complain that she cant!!

How do you get on with your missus while working on projects?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you could bore her away? get a drawing board, and when she asks questions, do an illustration of the principles involved, with examples of alternative methods, the history and development, and the materials?

And (this is an old manager's trick) have a selection of small but unpleasant jobs handy... each time she interrupts you, ask her to do one of them.

A few years ago I was cutting a small section off a laminate floor board and the missus thought she'd be helpful by trying to catch the piece that I was trying to cut away....

"NO!!!!" I shouted, as her fingers went within 2 cm of the still moving jigsaw blade....

She went white as she realised what nearly happened...

Now, whenever she starts getting in the way when I am doing DIY, I remind her of this event and she goes white again and leaves me to it.

So, to answer your question: These days we get on just fine.

big lump hammer an fresh dug hole behind shed ...

just start asking her maths questions about the sizes between metric an imperiol ......Gone in 60 seconds ..lol

Sponsored Links
You have forgotten the obvious

"Hi Honey, Im glad your here cos DIY makes me really horny"

I've just finised digging out for a new patio, so if you would like to get rid of your wife theres plenty of room. ;)

snozzer said:
You have forgotten the obvious

"Hi Honey, "
Why don't you go to a Spa for a few days, my treat.

(That's even more obvious ;))

breezer said:
well if you are offering Karen, I will go :LOL:

:cool: :cool: :cool:
As soon as you lot remember to write my name correctly ;)

And besides: since when are you 'the wife'?

karrene ......karein ..........eh carrion .....Yikes ok Ill leave it there ...

nstreet
My lass is too good for your dirt pit , + knowing you ....you will be digging her up in a week for a go on her ...;)

Fred West , was the MASTER in dealing with women an DiY jobs ,lol

Moz said:
nstreet
My lass is too good for your dirt pit , + knowing you ....you will be digging her up in a week for a go on her ...;)

:LOL: Flippin 'ek Moz!

Why do I find your sick, sick humour so funny? :LOL:

shes a top babe an .... an knowing you as the runt you are , Ger..F***,... ,ger ....out of it ,

I NOT banjoed her yet ....

Shes ...just a pure gorgegous ....

I imagine Im that slut in the hard P**n an I fall into that role .....but with better lingerie ....

nstreet said:
I've just finised digging out for a new patio, so if you would like to get rid of your wife theres plenty of room. ;)

I remember when I did my patio. I laid all the hard core and sticking out of it was one of those thick plastic gloves ( you know, the type smells like decaying animals when you wear them ). I can always remember the blokes face when he came round to barrow in the concrete. It wasn't long after the 'patio' story in Brookside either

This thread made me laugh cos I'm the wife and I do the DIY!!!!

well i am very lucky, my wife only interupts me with cups of tea. I do sometimes ask her to help with an arkward job and she is always willing.

then again i have to add that she LOVES to see me wearing my tool belt. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back