How do you turn off your machine pipes!

Well that sounds like a leaking spindle, so you will be needing a new valve.

Sponsored Links
i was afraid ud say that, just a matter ov finding out how to turn of the ruddy cold water now

If your water is ruddy you need to see the matron.

i was afraid ud say that, just a matter ov finding out how to turn of the ruddy cold water now

Use the Stopcock :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

If I where you I would have a couple of properly plumbed in taps for you machine then no more problems with those stupid little valves..

Sponsored Links
I don't see a valve can be stupid, whether or not it's small.

You could fit good quality appliance valves, so that would last longer and actually work when you used them.

I don't see a valve can be stupid, whether or not it's small.

You could fit good quality appliance valves, so that would last longer and actually work when you used them.

Ok then Fiddly, hard to turn after a few weeks, prone to leaks, have a nasty habit of clogging up valves.

Did I not say to fit some other valves???
I'm sure I did ,I really am sure I did!

Gees said:
Ok then Fiddly, hard to turn after a few weeks, prone to leaks, have a nasty habit of clogging up valves.
Good quality ones aren't any of those things.

Did I not say to fit some other valves?
I'm sure I did ,I really am sure I did!
No. You wrote this:

If I where you I would have a couple of properly plumbed in taps for you machine...
Point head at screen.
Read words with eyes. :idea:

Here's a good quality appliance valve:

637_15.jpg

And here's a sh*t one:

p1079933_l.jpg

Where is the stopcock though? (I dont deny im thick wen it comes to this sort ov thing!) A few people hav told me use the stopcock but iv no idea where it is

Use the Stopcock :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

If I where you I would have a couple of properly plumbed in taps for you machine then no more problems with those stupid little valves..

the stop cock could be anywhere you need to hunt it down, most houses have them under the sink but at my house i am yet to locate it so i have to turn the water off outside at the water meter.

The stop cock can't be "anywhere".

It might be hard to find the point where the incoming supply pipe enters the house, but it isn't hard to follow the cold mains pipework inside the house.

After all, how many dark, dank and cobwebby corners can you have in one house?
Unless you're James Gumb, perhaps? :eek:

Rob
What sort of house is it, Terraced,Semi, with front garden are the stop taps not in the pavement outside,could even be across the road on the opposite pavement. So many questions???? ;)

I have not been able to locate it in my house (circa 1820 farm house in the sticks)

Softus you aint seen my house m8 3ft thick walls and pipes all over the show i suspect its hidden behind the kitchen units but until i replace the kitchen i am not going to start ripping panels out to find it when i can turn it off at the meter out in the garden (well next doors garden but it was a barn that was converted).

I can turn my water off fine its the OP's that has the problem. Edit and me beng stupid of forgot the OP's name is rob too :LOL: :rolleyes:

I have not been able to locate it in my house (circa 1820 farm house in the sticks)
OK, but you're not the OP, who gives the impression of not looking.

Softus you aint seen my house m8 3ft thick walls and pipes all over the show i suspect its hidden behind the kitchen units but until i replace the kitchen i am not going to start ripping panels out to find it when i can turn it off at the meter out in the garden (well next doors garden but it was a barn that was converted).
OK, but you're running a risk unless you have isolating valves on all mains-fed outlets. Perhaps you have. I don't know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back