How Does This Tap Come Apart?

I have seen this tap today! The trick is mate ur turning it the wrong way, hold the tap, then get rubber gloves and turn the domed top clockwise :D

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. That's interesting, you mentioning that it has a reverse thread, as the taps turn opposite ways to operate. i.e. the cold turns anti-clockwise (I think) to come on, and the hot one turns the opposite way. So, are the threads on both tap heads reverse then, or opposites?!

Sponsored Links
Just thought I'd mention that I was able to get the top off. It was a normal handed thread. The latex gloves tip is a good one, it's the only way I could grip it. I poured boiling water onto the top bit several times, followed by cold. It expanded it enough (I assume) to break the seal and it then unscrewed. Still had to take the tap off though and put it in a vice to be able to undo the inner valve as it was that tight. Life's perfect once more. Thanks for the replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back