How effective is the pyronix twin alert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, to make things easier i am tempted to buy a pyronix twin alert because as the name suggests it combines a a speaker and sounder in one unit. All i would like to know is how effective the 100db sounder is in terms of ear battering? I am just asking because db levels on many sounders i have tried are meaningless and tbh i found my aico 85db smoke alarm to be louder than most of the sounders i have tried, so either the smoke alarms are much louder than 85db or the sounders i have tried are not as loud as they claim to be, and many were in the 110db range elmdene int 400 for example.

My proposed twin alert will be in the center of the house near the smoke alarm but I would just like to know from personal experience if its effective or not?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a strange one? Could frequency have something to do with how loud a sounder appears to be? I noticed some sounders say for instance 110db at 1m with 1.8khz to 3.5khz
Regarding the smoke alarms they say they are 85db at 3m does that mean the are much louder at 1m?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back