How Good Is Your Spelling

S

Shutpa

Yesterday, on this forum, someone hinted that my spelling was not so good. Not a very nice thing to do particularly since it wasn't pointed out where I had gone wrong.

Up to now, I have always thought that spelling was one of my strong points and when I use the spellcheck, it is more to find keying-in errors rather than mis-spelt words. However now that I've been caught out it's back to the spelling bee.

How is your spelling? If you do mis-spell a few words but nevertheless get your meaning across, do you really care?

Sponsored Links
nofin rong wiv me smelin, its that i sometimes use the wrong word.

I put do all my office work via spell cheque ( :LOL: ), so I no ( :LOL: ) the words are correct.

As far as chat rooms & IM if it can be understood, its ok.

Sponsored Links
As far as chat rooms & IM if it can be understood, its ok.
Proper spelling isn't allowed in those places is it?

Never go there Rider so I can't give an opinion. Seriously though I would love to know where I went wrong with my spelling on this forum. So if anybody out there has spotted the error/s and would like to pass it on I would be most grateful. Unsubstantiated allegations cut no ice with me.

Maybe your spelling was only brought into to it because the content was unasailable - a last ditch attempt to discredit someone whos got them banged to rights...
A bit like someone calling a person fat because he beat them at chess ;)

lobo if you heed a spill cheque u goat probeeelems. do as i dose strahate
of the guff :LOL: :LOL: r go brack to skool ;)

Maybe your spelling was only brought into to it because the content was unasailable - a last ditch attempt to discredit someone whos got them banged to rights...

Perhaps your right. I must re-read the topic, "Getting Quotes" in Forum Information!

lobo if you heed a spill cheque u goat probeeelems. do as i dose strahate
of the guff :LOL: :LOL: r go brack to skool ;)

A bit late Billyo. Bahco and diyisfun got there long before you but my daughter really did appreciate your effort.

:) :) :)

In my first few years at school, if we made a spelling mistake, we were made to write it out 100 times. I think that went a long way to my good spelling now.

And after chanting 7 x 8 = 56, 8 x 7 = 56 for 10 minutes with the whole class because nobody could get it right, I will never forget that either.

A witch got kicked out of our local coven because of her bad spelling...

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Sponsored Links
Back