How government 'counted single gloves rather than pairs to boast of one billion items of PPE for NHS

It depends on whether what they said was true or not.

The programme makers (as I said Panorama is rubbish nowadays) must be of that political persuasion otherwise they wouldn't have made the programme.

What you are proposing would mean no programmes exposing the weaknesses of any political party.

If you want to complain about a local issue, would you contact a councillor who you knew disagreed with you or one that did agree with you?

Neutrality out of the window then.

Sponsored Links
In a way yes. It is difficult to be neutral when you are right - as is well demonstrated on here.

There are complaints that the BBC, in its attempts to maintain impartiality, purposely includes anyone they can find who opposes a particular view, i.e. any old nutter who will say what is needed, however cranky.

How would - or why would - they or anyone remain neutral on a programme about flat-earthers?

How about having 3 flat earthers, and 3 people who think the world is round, putting across all sides of the argument, and then letting people decide for themselves, or would you be worried that a consensus would follow that decides the earth is flat.

Panorama contacted a known communist, union leader and Momentum figure and asked for names of staff to interview, he provided names of labour activists almost all of whom have appeared at labour/momentum rallies and make no secret of their hatred for the Tories.

This isn't about PPE is it, it's about providing a platform for hard left nutters.

Sponsored Links
How about having 3 flat earthers, and 3 people who think the world is round, putting across all sides of the argument, and then letting people decide for themselves,
Why? There is no argument.

or would you be worried that a consensus would follow that decides the earth is flat.
They may very well do that - but they would be wrong.
I know that doesn't seem to matter nowadays but really - it does.

Panorama contacted a known communist, union leader and Momentum figure and asked for names of staff to interview, he provided names of labour activists almost all of whom have appeared at labour/momentum rallies and make no secret of their hatred for the Tories.
Did those people tell the truth?

This isn't about PPE is it, it's about providing a platform for hard left nutters.
You are calling them hard left nutters because you disagree with them.

Are there programmes with which you agree, that others could say do that for hard right nutters?

How about having 3 flat earthers, and 3 people who think the world is round, putting across all sides of the argument, and then letting people decide for themselves, or would you be worried that a consensus would follow that decides the earth is flat.
It gives false balance. Flat earthism is fairly harmless, they just can't travel too far as they fall off the edge of the world.

Other examples like anti vaxxers, climate change deniers, tobacco-is-really-safe, homeopaths and probably a whole long list of other silly positions can result in people dying.

Pretending that both viewpoints are equally worthwhile can effectively promote ahe lunatic fringe to being equally valid in the eyes of the viewer.

Perhaps we should liken this programme with the recent one about antisemitism[sic] in the Labour party.

It contained a lot of Jewish people. Well, it would wouldn't it?

Pretending that both viewpoints are equally worthwhile can effectively promote ahe lunatic fringe to being equally valid in the eyes of the viewer.

It sadly happens too often these days.

there are often TV interviews with a scientist on on side and say a climate change denier on the other side of the argument -what is frustrating is whilst there is no factual equivalence, the are given equal status.
It happened all the time with brexit discussions.

The Panorama documentary is now worthless having been exposed as nothing more than politicising a catastrophe
it depends on whether it was the truth or not.

I dont hear you complaining of Tory ministers talking about '1 billion pieces of PPE', or changing from 'testing' to 'capacity for testing' -it is exactly the same thing, in fact worse.

Perhaps we should liken this programme with the recent one about antisemitism[sic] in the Labour party.

It contained a lot of Jewish people. Well, it would wouldn't it?

So, are you saying that it's impossible to interview a health worker who is not a hard left Labour activist?

counted every glove individually instead of in pairs to boast of delivering one billion bits of PPE to NHS staff frontline -
Ok then,,let’s call it half a billion pairs if it lessens your blood pressure,ffs.

So, are you saying that it's impossible to interview a health worker who is not a hard left Labour activist?
Obviously not impossible.

I did not see the programme (I keep saying Panorama is rubbish nowadays).
Just because you keep calling them hard left Labour activists doesn't mean they are wrong and defeats your argument. Do you want to defend the Government even if it is wrong?
Either the point of the programme was correct or it was not. I don't know.

It's as if you want a programme about Stalin having to include an equal number of contributions from those who think killing 20,000,000 people is alright or don't care or have no knowledge of it.

Sponsored Links
Back