How I Rewired the Shed

equitum said:
GaryMo said:
Here's a novel idea......if you don't like this thread then unsubscribe and don't read it again, posting childish and pointless remarks to spoil a thread is very childish.

Grow up FFS.

Gary, please explain to me how this thread could possibly be spoiled, I still, despite questioning the OP, fail to understand what advice/debate/ mdb requires to enter. Maybe I should post "how I p****d off the forum"

He's carried out what seems to be a reasonable job and has posted pictures showing that to gain approval or have any possible problems pointed out.
Constructive advice is one thing but to ridicule and generally take the p155 can't be in the best interests of the forum.
I fail to see how a couple of threads or so can be classed as pi**ing of the forum. If you don't like the thread then move onto the next and forget about this one.

Sponsored Links
Looks very pleasing and proffessional! You can comne and do my shed the same if you like? :LOL:

Looking forward to more pics and the completed project!

CallEdsFirst said:
Sorry are these the "after" pics or the "before"s?

The pictures of the wiring in the House MEM CCU & the Meter Cupboard, are of how they look at the moment, as my next project is redoing the kitchen, so the 2 CCUs with be replaced with a 19 way MK one with RCBOs for all of the socket circuits. Also I will be replacing all of the kitchen circuits as well, when I redo the kitchen.

I will do a topic soon with pictures of the kitchen before & after.

Sponsored Links
2 months on and its still running. :eek:

That reminds me - I must replace my old shed. Perhaps I should be thinking of adding electric to the new one - but how should I go about it - anybody got any tips. :rolleyes:

MDB, all of your posts relate to your design 9are the breakers the rights size) and installation (does the conduit look straight).

There is no mention of testing (which is the most important part of the job). Do you have the required kit; know what tests to conduct; know how to do them and know how to interpret the results?

Have you notified your LABC, and what certs have you filed?

I'm trying to work out why there is a 16 amp commando socket - which could never be used at more than 13 amps due to that FCU above it !!

Why not just fit a metal clad socket for the appliance, or even wire it direct into the fcu!!

Incidentally, on that picture of the commando install, what is the purpose of the uninsulated green/yellow (1.5??) that appears to run along a ledge above it?

jondiy said:
I'm trying to work out why there is a 16 amp commando socket - which could never be used at more than 13 amps due to that FCU above it !!

Why not just fit a metal clad socket for the appliance, or even wire it direct into the fcu!!

So that only the freezer can be plugged in to that circuit.

If I ever wanted to use the circuit for something that needs 16A, I just have to change the FCU for a 20A Double Pole Switch.

jondiy said:
Incidentally, on that picture of the commando install, what is the purpose of the uninsulated green/yellow (1.5??) that appears to run along a ledge above it?

The purpose of the 2.5mm single core G/Y wire, which is running along the shelf, is an earth wire from the shed ccu to the shed freezer circuit. As the SWA fedding the shed freezer is only 2 core 2.5mm, so the steel armor is earthed, plus there is the earth wire from the shed ccu, to serve as a backup earth.

MDB,

At the risk of being called a pest, have you tested the installation.
Getting everything nice and neat is important, BUT nowhere near as important as testing.

Lectrician said:
Why is it not in the conduit?

What the 2.5mm G/Y Earth wire?

Because the conduit does not run to the shed ccu, as the shed freezer circuit is a seperate supply from the house on a 16A MCB (It will be on a 16A RCBO when the 2 CCUs in the house, are replaced with 1 19 Way MK CCU with RCBOs for the 5 socket circuits, the shed freeezer circuit & the kitchen/bathroom lights circuit)

scousespark said:
MDB,

At the risk of being called a pest, have you tested the installation.
Getting everything nice and neat is important, BUT nowhere near as important as testing.

Yes I have tested the installation. (Continuity & Insulation tests)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back