How important is radiator location in a room?

Sponsored Links
Sacho
with perfect two layer curtains covering them up thus sending most of the heat straight into the streets.
Only radiated heat as u have almost stopped the convection heat.

WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!!

Radiation apart, simple heat transfer through surface is generally proprtional to tempreture diffrence betwen the two sides of the surface.

If radiators are on internal walls tempreture on the inside pane of the window is about 20C. Suppose the tempreture outside is 0C then the difffrence between the two sides is 20C.

Now suppose you have window rads and long thick curtains. You could have tempreture in the space between curtains and the window as high as 50C, especially if radiatirs are at 75C. So now the difference on the two sides of the window is 50C and heat loss through conduction is about 2.5 times higher!!!

Basic physics that some "corgi registered rsident physicicsts" here failed to master.

Energy loss apart these high tempretures could also be damaging o windows - they will not last as long....[/b]

Just seen this threads still going strong! Cant be arsed to recap 4 pages i missed!

Can someone tell me, did john ever answer Dans question???

Sponsored Links
Never has. Nor has he answered the previous ones about how many compression joints he's made up, and how many he had leak before caking them in ptfe.

Top quality professional advice ;)

Thank god I'm not corgi registered. Otherwise I might think stocho was talking about me ;) :LOL:

So, with my 0.44wm insulated walls and the rad not near the window why is the room not evenly heated?

Double glazed UPVc windows.

How about the utility - less than 6 months old. Brand new Upvc door. Rad on opposite end? Same issue.

Well insulated rooms and correctly sized rads, yet the prediction follows that of the drawing posted.

Not so laughable. Have you learned to spell my name yet Norc?

Here's a room in my gaffe this evening with a 0.6m wide X 2m tall Quinn Adagio on an inner wall.
People say they are useless at heating a room but I know different. :rolleyes:
The temperatures were taken at 0.3m and 2m above floor level.
You can see the low level temperatures are much more even whilst the higher elevations deviate slightly.
Does the room feel uncomfortable? Nope!
And the rad is thermosyphoned.. not pumped!
qxy1.png

See Wipeoutdude you didnt even have to ask it was staring you in the face all the time !!!!!

No but I cool my boiler with the same method. It works fantastic on those big tall Adagio's.

Curtains: 100mm from the floor, 100mm from the curtain pole to the ceiling and wall and the "convector" will work well under a window.

I feel another thread coming on, why I don't put TRVs in.

I give up. Newton was wrong all along and professor Stocho discovers new theory. The British Science Museum realising there folly will award him with the Nobhead prize for science.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I get enough grief putting tube in my hallway. My ears are twitching in anticipation of a beasting just at the suggesting of putting an engine in my from room :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back