How long between bonding and finishing coat????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope you can help.

A friend has had his lounge knocked through to the dining room, with a RSJ supporting the wall. The existing plaster is about 3/4 deep. The RSJ will need to be boxed in and angle put on the newly formed opening.

I presume i cut a strip of plaster down the wall to sit the angle in and then just smooth from angle to existing plaster???? Is this the the best way, the bit of wall left on either side of the opening is only about a foot either side so i also thought i could skim the whole lot, bonding the large holes round the angle.

Any thoughts, is it easy enough to get a seemless joint from existing plaster to the new angle.

I am well able to finish, but yet to try patching.

Thanks for any thoughts in advance.

Oh can the RSJ be boxed in with normal plasterboard or does it have to be the pink stuff??

Thanks

Dominic

Sponsored Links
You should be able to skim over your bonding as soon as it is touch dry, you should be able to get a seamless join easily enough and your RSJ needs to be protected to 1hr so either double tack with 12.5mm plasterboard or 1 layer of pink firecheck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back