How long for tiles to cure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dead simple question, just had bathroom/shower tiled, how long before I can use it?

Sponsored Links
not an expert by any means had my last place tiled, finsihed by lunch, showered by night. say 5 hours between done and showering.

not an expert by any means had my last place tiled, finsihed by lunch, showered by night. say 5 hours between done and showering.
No, no, no, no no; adhesive/grout products cure either chemically or by evaporation, depending which you use. Product manufacturers state 10 days before using shower but they will be playing safe & there will be a safety factor in there but 5 hours is just a joke; do that & you will seriously compromise the long term integrity of your tiles & you will have no come back on manufacturers warranty.

If you don’t know for sure, please don’t post. :rolleyes:

oh ok, never knew that sorry for the post, just going on last time i used wickes own brand stuff....

illl get the coat.......

Sponsored Links
Just re-checked & it’s actually 14 days not 10 so even longer than I said (I got confused with plaster drying time). You could probably knock a couple of days off that but you need to consider if it’s worth the risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back