How long to fit a spirovent

Sponsored Links
I always find BES the best place for procrument.

Whatever that is.

Remember you shouldn't use water additives with a Spirovent, such as X200....

and a Magnaclean is very easy to fit as it comes with its own valves and fits tangentally to a pipe

it seems to me (I haven't puzzled it out yet) that you need to assemble a collection of valves and elbows and short links to add a spirovent to an existing installation.

doubtless very easy when you know how and have all the bits to hand

Sponsored Links
and a Magnaclean is very easy to fit as it comes with its own valves and fits tangentally to a pipe

The valves are not that good and can be difficult to turn off after a while. It is best to fit a full bore valve either side of a Magnaclean.

Spirovents I've ever fitted have always come with the appropriate fittings.

All you have to do is decide if you need the horizontal or vertical spirovent.

yes, mine came with the compression fittings to go onto a (vertical) 22mm copper pipe

however, when I first got it, I did not have a pipe I could get at to put it in-line (28mm old boiler pipes went into ceiling, and emerge in the airing cupboard, packed tight together with the pump, 3-port etc. I am sure it is easy to fit one on a new installation where you plan it in to place before running the pipes, or if you are used to changing pipe layouts. I am just a householder.

I did not think of that before I bought it; when I previously fitted a Magnaclean in a different house, there was plenty of room round the boiler, and the "elbow" valves meant I did not need to have play in the pipes to squeeze it in.

Easy when you know how, I expect.

We fit these all the time, really easy to fit inline (22mm compression) we also use x100 and (apparently) spirovents ok'd this.

thanks

My boiler installer was convinced that it interfered with the water flow to the new boiler (he actually had some different causes of the problem). What do you think?

It used to be fitted like this:

View media item 3406
(which was a bit awkward to squirt out the sediment from the bowl)

but he took it off when trying to cure the flow problem caused by an error in piping

The valves are not that good and can be difficult to turn off after a while. It is best to fit a full bore valve either side of a Magnaclean.

how the hell would you know? You've never used a tool in your pityfull existance you fool. bigbullshit strikes once again! :evil:

JohnD, yet again Mr Blobby strikes. I hope he's got an umbrella for when you drain the spirovent :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

spirovent is now back on my shelf, boiler installer thought it was interfering with the flow :(

Putting the boiler flow and return pipes on the correct stubs was what really cured it, though :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back