How Many Seperate Feeds Can A Building Take?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any rules or regulations regarding how many seperate feeds a building, i.e. a cabin, can take from a remote source?

I need to install an air conditioning unit, but the size of the existing transformer in the unit and time constraints mean I'd have to run a seperate feed from the remote Main Dist Board to get the necessary supply to feed the AC.

My thinking is that someone may isolate a local Dist Board thinking that the cabin is safe while there is still live apparatus in there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
In my opinion so long as all the distribution boards are marked up correctly then there should be no problems.
Are we talking 3 phase here ?
Is it a domestic set up ?

Working with transportable buildings on a daily basis, we/I often have more than 1 D.B/supply in a Kabin ( more so on the Kabins that have many sections to them), as long as its marked up properly there shouldn't be a problem

i'd say label both the DB and the new seperately fed aircon unit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for your advice.

I plan to go ahead with this, labelling everything clearly, so that no one can be in any doubt.

Sparky40:
The DB is 3 ph and the air con is single phase. The unit is to be temporarily set up on a ship, off West Africa.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back