How Many Trickle Vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just getting a quote for some replacement windows, all 2 pane, one opening and one fixed.

What’s recommended, 1 or 2 trickle vents.
Have seen some with just one on the opening window but should I be getting 2?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
One per room min. Large rooms obviously need more.

If you are steamy or fart a lot, the most possible.

Thanks, If you had the choose though would you go for 2. Is that preferable?

Yes. You can shut them when not needed. If you don't have them, you don't have the option.

I'm in favour of ventilation.

Sponsored Links
1 or 2 vents?

Like JohnD said I am thinking 2 would be better

Many thanks

Attachments

• win.JPG
    win.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks

Bit confused now, like JohnD says probably just go for 2 and can always shut on.

Hopefully it wont add much to the cost.

Many thanks

"Minimum" sometimes means "the least you can get away with, with luck."

Can they be put on the non opening window as well?. usually they are just on the opening one as well.
So is it possible to have one on the opener and one on the fixed side?
Will go back to the company but just want to be sure I know what I am talking about.

Thanks

Apprently to have 2, I will need to have,
------------------
In order to have two, you will need a larger head and a packer so you dont loose the trickle vent and they can operate correctly.
------------------
Does this ok, correct and worth going for?

Thanks

Yes, I'm assuming thats from the fabricator? What they mean is if you just go for one then it'll be fitted into the casement opener, if you want two then for symetry they'll put both in the frame head section but in order to do that they propose to use a slightly thicker pvc section usually found on door frames, they do this to give room for the vent, if they fitted them into the standard window section of frame theres a 99.9% probability the vents would be buried into the plaster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back