How much for a professional hard-wired alarm, 5 zones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per title.

There is a non-functioning alarm system currently installed at my address. There is existing wiring in place running to the bell box and wiring in place running to just one PIR on the landing. Old control panel still in situ with lots of wires coming out disappearing under the floorboards adjoining to shock sensors (shocks not required). There is a plate rack in the hall useful for PIR wiring from the downstairs rooms so floorboards and carpets would not need to be up routed for a new installation.

System is to include 5 PIRs, no door contacts, a new control panel and keypad, internal siren and external sounder.

Could anybody suggest an all-in price for professional installation of the above in a 3 bed semi?

I have had installers round suggesting wireless but I'm pretty sure I'm wanting a trusty old wired system. Alas I've also not been impressed with the prices quoted for wireless systems.

Thanks gents.

Sponsored Links
You're unlikely to find a professional who'll quote for a system without door contacts - unless you've got a really good reason why you don't need them (like, you don't have doors).

When you get quotes, check out the maintenance and callout charges. Also, the length of any fixed-term contracts. Some companies put kit in for cost and recover the labour costs in the maintenance contracts. Others will charge you to install but have nominal maintenance costs.

Your system? £500-£1000 would be about right. I'd suggest you try and avoid wireless, especially as you have cables installed already.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back