How much gravel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea how much pea shingle ( or similar) i would need to cover an area approx. 30ft by 5ft?
I've just dug up an old patio thinking this was the problem to our damp indoors ( it wasn't by the way- much worse!).Now i need to get something down and this seems the cheapest way and also something i could do myself. thanks

Sponsored Links
If you look at a bulk bag it is roughly 3ft x 3ft x 3ft so that is 27 cubic feet.
Your area is 150 square feet so one bag would give roughly 2 inches of gravel. Two bags would give 4 inches which is closer to what you would need.
Go to wherever you plan to buy the materials and measure the exact size of the bulk bags and work it out that way.

Think you might want to look at chippings rather than peas, since it'll be like walking on ball bearings. You'll sink in and roll about like crazy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back