How much inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add inhibitor to a system after a drain down. There is 13 rads. On the system and a small section of underfloor heating serving one room and a hall way. How much sentialx100 would I need. Thank you

Sponsored Links
I have 10 rads, some doubles, and I have one litre in the system which is why I suggested two for your system. You could always try it with one litre and once it had been in the system for a while and thoroughly mixed in, test it. I draw off half a cupful. Into that I drop a steel nail. Into another half cup of tap water, I drop another steel nail. Compare them after a few days to see if your inhibitor is doing its job. If not, add another litre. This is how mine turned out - you can see which side has the inhibitor and which side is just tap water.

IMG_0222.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You can buy water test kit to see if it's strong enough mix but I don't think you can add too much so put plenty in.
That's what I did.

I put another bottle in last year after I took two rads off for painting..

How do you work out how much is needed if underfloor heating?
Length of pipe at so much water per metre or mottie test or buy kit off eBay and test concrete.

I'd just Wang loads in. My system has had 3+ bottles in over last 15 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back