how much to expect to pay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Please could someone give me a rough guide to how much to expect to pay to strip my hall stairs and landing and repaper. There are 4 doors upstairs to go around and 3 in the hallway. The hallway is about 4.5 by 3 metres and the landing is about 5 by 3 metres. It is all pretty easy to reach with a board and hop up.
I know it is hard to say without seeing it but Id like to know if I could afford it before i get the proffessionals invoved.

Sponsored Links
I would charge about one million pounds, including all labour and materials and VAT.

joe-90 is trying to say that there used to be a furum rule (9) that said alsong the lines of please do not ask for quotes.

some one latter added "cant see it cant quote it"

but admin saw fit to remove this rule. But the majority of us think it was not a good idea to remove this rule.

and you really have answered your own question

..............I know it is hard to say without seeing it..............

Sponsored Links
I would charge about one million pounds, including all labour and materials and VAT.

Yeah but that's using that cheap Wilkos paper. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Hi
It is all pretty easy to reach with a board and hop up.
I know it is hard to say without seeing it but Id like to know if I could afford it before i get the proffessionals invoved.

It does sound really easy....yes.
Why not do it yourself then Norris??.Genuine question.

At least do the stripping yourself as its the hardest thing to estimate......even for pros.
Who knows how easily the paper will come off and what potentially time consuming things a P+D will find underneath??
Good luck with thge job m8

Well thanks for that..although you were all rather rude...and slow fade....the reason I am not doing it myself is that I have chronic arthritis in my hips... :D

Not a very nice way to carry on lads towards someone who is new to the site. Turns out the man was only asking for information etc, because he is medically unfit to do the job himself. We might all be there ourselves one-day.

Roughcaster.

Not a very nice way to carry on lads towards someone who is new to the site.
I have nothing against Norris, but I'm pig sick of seeing people ask for prices. This isn't a pricing forum.

Turns out the man was only asking for information etc, because he is medically unfit to do the job himself.
Bad use of the guilt card, roughcaster. Do his hips stop him reading the rules?

And thats only one coat of the woodwork!

Norris...youll really be better off getitng people in to give you quotes..DONT ask for them over the phone..only an idot would price a job over the phone..if you get three idiots they will all over price it to cover themselves...youll pick the cheapest price and still end up paying too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back